Sunday 3 February 2013

My plans in chocolate

The 3 ingredient chocolate bar using 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1 tbsp agave - recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie, was excellent! Now that I have followed the recipe properly - I got proper chocolate that tastes good and I know exactly what's in it. I didn't take any photos of the finished product as I keep snapping R2D2's legs off when using the molds - more practice is needed, which means more chocolate!

I'm still looking forward to playing with the recipe to see what variations I like. I am interested in making my own version of the vanilla stevia drops. I don't like the taste and after-taste of stevia, so I figure I'll try to make a xylitol version on the drops (and make the chocolate a little sweeter in turn). My combining a couple of recipes... first to make xylitol powdered sugar. And then use this sugar free powdered sugar to make the drops. Feels like a science experiment :)

The chocolate lollipops have proved popular and I've been making them as gifts. This time for some nut-lovers so in came the whole & chopped pecans (my fav), chopped hazelnuts and salted-roasted pistachios - also very good. For these I used Green & Blacks dark chocolate and milk chocolate.

Pecan pop

Pistachio pops
So more experiments to add to the list are mixing different chocolates in a swirly wirly, making my own peanut butter drops, as well as salted caramel, I'm not ready for yet but perhaps one day, making marshmellows.

Adding to the chocpop repertoire, I'd like to make hot chocolate spoons (either to eat straight off the spoon or actually make hot chocolate out of - if it can make it to the cup). Something like this from A Beautiful Mess:
Hot chocolate spoons

Perhaps it is the year of chocolate. Fine by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment