Sunday 17 March 2013

Honey Ginger Chews

I made these lovely chewy cookies for Mother's Day, as my mum is a ginger fan. I adapted the recipe from the Cheesy Mash Blog. There are so many great blogs out for recipe inspiration, I keep track of all the blogs I like through google reader, so I was most surprised and a little perturbed to hear that reader is about to die! I don't read news that much, so funny enough I found about about this through a crafty blog I have just discovered - Apples and Greens. The great thing about the internet is, you just google for alternatives and in minutes the problem is sorted. So now I'll be using feedly and it certainly is a lot pretty than Google Reader. Anyhoo, back to chewy cookies! 

The Ingredients 
63g organic butter or spread of your choice
63g xylitol 
63g gluten free flour
51g good quality honey 
0.5 tsp nutmeg
0.5 tbsp ground ginger
0.25 baking soda

The Method
Pre heat the oven to 180C fan. 

Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat. 

Add the xylitol and honey, once the butter is melted. 

Mix everything together for a minute or two. 

Take the saucepan off the heat and let it cool slightly. 

In the meantime, sieve the flour, baking soda, ground ginger and nutmeg, and mix together. 

Add the flour mix to the butter mix. 

Pour out into tartlet dishes (as seen in the photo below). 

Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes. 

Once they have cooled they can be cut to make 16 pie-slice-shaped chewy cookies. 
Pretty silicon tart dishes and chewy ginger honey cookies. 
These were lovely, but completely different to the recipe that I had tried to follow, which made the mixture into a soft dough, the consistency I had was very runny, hence the tart dishes. I probably didn't leave to the butter to cool for long enough - no patience! Oh well, they were a hit anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment